Cora Lynn Heimer Rathbone
Giving business leaders and organisations the skills to outperform
As a business leader you’ll know that aligning your people behind your personal and organisational ambitions can be a challenge. How do you shape that strategy? How do you get your teams to ‘buy in’? And how do you equip them to deliver in a way that leads to sustainable growth? Not easy. But it’s where my experience and approach can help.
How I can help you
I bring a global and multicultural point of view, a fresh perspective that stems both from my Cuban birthplace and from living and working all across the world. I don’t work in niches: so you get the benefit of my extensive experience combined with an approach that’s edgy yet pragmatic. I can work with you and your teams to:
- Equip, develop and engage your people to achieve your organisational ambitions
- Shape and refresh your strategy – broadening and deepening buy-in through the process
- Assess and reinforce the foundations of profitable and sustainable growth for your business
I’m passionate about equipping business leaders, teams and organisations with the skills they need to outperform. I’ve been doing so for over thirty years. I’ve worked with corporates, owner-managed SMEs and 3rd sector organisations. I’ve held senior roles in business schools and global consultancies. And I have broad experience across sectors such as Finance, Pharmaceuticals, Beauty, Energy, Engineering, the Built Environment, Telecoms, IT and Manufacturing.
- Invested over 15,000 hours in face-to-face programme delivery with more than 5000 managers, executives and business leaders – helping them work more collaboratively, think more clearly, deliver operationally and strategically and achieve sustainable results.
- Executive coached several hundred senior leaders and managers, raising their self-awareness, energising them to add greater value at a personal and organisational level.
- Worked with intact teams to help them develop greater trust, clarity of collective aims, leverage their diversity, resolve conflict and become even more high-performing.
More broadly, I have:
- Won, grown and delivered complex, multi-year leadership and management development assignments for industry leading companies (including L’Oréal, EDF, British Nuclear, Oracle, Orange France Telecom, Virgin Mobile, AAH Pharmaceuticals, Novartis and Honda). I have consistently tracked return on investment, in one case delivering an ROI of 100%+ within six months of fulfilling a senior leadership programme in an energy company.
- Facilitated and documented multiple top-team strategic plans in corporates, SMEs and 3rd sector organisations. One privately-owned SME achieved 180% net profit and 130% turnover growth against the industry’s declining margins, and growth of 63% in the same period. From this experience I’ve been published as a thought leader: several articles and three books (The Planning Roundabout, Executive Development Journeys, Ready for Change?).
- Restructured teams for greater accountability by changing the business model, developing existing clients and winning new client commissions. As a result, with one team we achieved revenue growth of over 60% in the first 9 months of a turnaround.