Cora Lynn Heimer Rathbone
Developing business leaders, teams and organisations to outperform
As a business leader, you’ll know that aligning your people and your teams behind your organisational ambitions can be a challenge. How do you build high-performing teams? How do you unlock the potential in your people? How do you shape your strategy? How do you get your teams to ‘buy-in’ to the bigger enterprise vision, and prioritize that above their interests? And how do you equip your people to deliver in a way that delivers breakthrough and sustainable growth?
Not easy. That’s where my experience and approach comes in.
How I can help you? Facilitator, Strategist, Executive Coach
I am a seasoned facilitator, strategist and certified executive coach. I bring a global and multicultural point of view, a fresh perspective that stems both from my Cuban birthplace and from living and working all across the world. I don’t work in niches: so you get the benefit of extensive experience combined with an approach that’s edgy yet pragmatic. I can partner you, work with you and your teams to:
- Build and restructure working groups and teams into high-performance teams
- Equip, develop, energise and engage your people to raise their performance, to sharpen their focus, to achieve the organisation’s ambitions
- Shape and refresh your strategy – unleashing creativity and broadening and deepening buy-in through the process
- Assess and reinforce the foundations of profitable and sustainable growth for your business
Why me? Pragmatic, Passionate, Rounded, Practitioner
I have a 30-year senior-level track record of delivering results. I’m passionate about equipping business leaders, teams and organisations with the skills they need to outperform. I’ve worked with corporates, owner-managed SMEs and 3rd sector organisations. I’ve held senior roles in business schools and global consultancies. I’m a published thought-leader. I’ve broad sectoral experience: Finance, Pharma, Beauty, Energy, Engineering, Built Environment, Telecoms, IT, Manufacturing. And I’m a Fellow chartered management accountant – so I understand how all of this impacts on the all-important numbers.
- Invested over 10,000 hours in face-to-face programme delivery with more than 7000 managers, executives and business leaders – helping them work more collaboratively, think more clearly, deliver operationally and strategically and achieve sustainable results.
- Executive coached circa 1500 senior leaders and managers, raising their self-awareness, energising them to add greater value at a personal and organisational level.
- Worked extensively with intact teams to help them develop trust, clarify collective aims, leverage diversity, resolve conflict and become more high-performing.
- Won, grown and delivered complex, multi-year leadership and management development assignments for industry leading companies (including L’Oréal, EDF, British Nuclear, Oracle, Orange France Telecom, Virgin Mobile, AAH Pharmaceuticals, Novartis and Honda). I have consistently tracked return on investment, in one case delivering an ROI of 100%+ within six months of fulfilling a senior leadership programme in an energy company
More broadly, I’ve:
- Facilitated and documented multiple top-team strategic plans in corporates, SMEs and 3rdsector organisations. One privately-owned SME achieved 180% net profit and 130% turnover growth against the industry’s declining margins, and growth of 63% in the same period.
- Published as a thought leader: several articles and three books (The Planning Roundabout, Executive Development Journeys,Ready for Change?).
- Restructured teams for greater accountability, changing the business model, developing existing clients and winning new client commissions. Result: one team grew revenues by over 60% in the first 9 months of a turnaround.