Unlocking the real potential for Fire & Security companies
Jim is our founder and managing partner. He also has a laser focus on the Fire and Security sector. He is an expert at helping fire and security installers improve their financial performance and unlock their full potential.
The Fire and Security sector market is still growing but there are signs that UK firms are experiencing a drop in year on year profits and a squeeze on margins. Increasing competition, the pace of change in technology, and falling hardware prices are all having an effect. So how do you accelerate your growth in a market with such interesting challenges?
How I can help you
I like to work as a sounding board and support to the business leader. This means you can test your strategies and plans with someone who has extensive knowledge of your sector. And with someone who has the skills to listen – and to offer good advice at the right time.
By listening and understanding your business issues I can make sure that business leaders get the support they need. Whether that’s a focus on improving your financial performance, or on growing your high margin maintenance service contracts. Whatever the issue, I aim to build a positive, personal and long term relationship with you and your business.
I know the Fire and Security sector. I’ve been involved at senior levels in the industry for over 20 years and for the last 7 years have been working with the owners of security and fire installation businesses to unlock their real potential.
Examples of my client portfolio and experience:
- Helped a loss-making £5m security installer to achieve £400k net profit and grow its cash reserves to over £1m
- Supported a £4m business to survive failed acquisitions and to achieve a net profit three times the industry average
- Helped an installer to double their service revenues to £2m
- Doubled the profitability of a £100m division of Chubb plc in two years
- Doubled the sales of Sensormatic CamEra to £40m in five years, establishing the company as the market leader in CCTV solutions and achieving 10% net profit
- Transformed the financial performance of a £50m European division of Sensormatic through radically changing the business model and adding £6m to net profit in two years
Get in touch! I’d love to hear from you to learn a little more about your business and your ambitions for the future. Or give me call on 0208 798 0175 for a chat about how you might benefit from our expert advice.